Saturday, June 1, 2013

Quick Update and Ice Cream Cupcakes!!!

Phew we have been busy here at the Bright household. Can you believe hubby only has three weeks in the academy left? It feels like just yesterday we were starting out on this completely unfamiliar path and now it is almost at its end. I guess time really does fly when you are having fun (err something like that.) We are both really excited and a little nervous about this next step but it has been a long time coming and it is such an exciting new journey.

At any rate, with the end in sight we have been busy prepping ourselves for the impending 24 hour shifts. Since we aren't going to be seeing each other as much we have been trying to squeeze in as much time together as we can until then. That means less cooking and crafting but some invaluable togetherness I wouldn't exchange for anything.

Though I did find some time to whip up some AMAZING cake batter ice cream cupcakes for my co-workers birthday on Friday. 

 


I'm not kidding these things were so friggin delicious I made a half dozen extra just so I could snag a few at the house. I used THIS RECIPE and really didn't make any changes to it since it seemed delicious to begin with. I made a test run on Monday and realized after already starting that I didn't have the gelatin the icing called for. I supplemented corn starch in its place and it came out just fine (though did melt much faster). For Friday's bunch I followed the recipe to a T and the birthday boy (excuse me Birthday MAN as he so eloquently corrected us all) said they were the best cupcakes he had ever had. A happy 22nd birthday shoutout to Mark, so glad you liked them!


Though to be fair if you combine cake batter ice cream, cake, icing, and sprinkles its kind of hard to miss. 

 

 Either way, it was a complete success and I will definitely make these bad boys again at some point.


-Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment