Sunday, August 18, 2013

Graduation and Great Things on The Horizon

Holy Moly it has been a crazy couple of weeks!  

So in case you are wondering, it is official... Hubby graduated!

Over a year of preparing, training, blood, sweat, burns, sleepless nights, crazy hours, and back braking hard work, he finally graduated and is officially a fire fighter. (Insert collective sigh of relief and a round of applause for getting back to my normal sleep schedule. Four a.m. wake ups are just ungodly.)

 Here he is during his pinning and badging. One of our dear friends, a retired firefighter himself, placed Adam's badge on while yours truly pinned him. Neither of us drew blood, so that's a plus. And I looked fabulous if I do say so myself (I agonized over picking a dress. I finally chose this dress from ModCloth and I cannot recommend it enough.)

 

It was such a whirlwind day considering how long it took to get there. Everyone from the Academy got together after graduation and had a big send off party before they went to their separate stations. Then it was back to work as usual on Monday and officially onto being a fire family. Everyone has been super welcoming and it really is like one big family: crazy, sometimes maddening, but you love it even still. I think I was a little more prepared than most. Being a military wife kinda prepped me for being a fire wife, but 24 hour shifts are still taking some getting used to.

He does look pretty handsome in that uniform though....so I guess I can handle a few missed hours ;)

At any rate, I have been super busy with my own stuff as well. I was lucky enough to receive my very first Voxbox from Influenster. It came packed with all sorts of goodies for me to try out and share with you guys. Plus I have been crafting in my suddenly discovered free time not to mention cooking up a storm as usual. So keep an eye out for some new product reviews, recipes, and some fun furniture upgrades and craft projects on the horizon.

-Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment